Friday, January 18, 2008

The cracked sidewalk

Exalted morning. The rooster announcing the next happy sunny day of the summer. Being around 3 years old left by my parents with my grandma' for a few weeks made me wish this morning. 

Just like in tales. My grandmother and I living in a tiny old house in a small village. Can you imagine a village without a single surfaced road? It was the best thing for a kid. Could play free all day long without being exposed to the risk of being hit by a car or worst being lost or kidnapped.

Dirt roads however are not to friendly with running kids. I fell a lot hitting myself having most of the time injured knees. Running was not the safest thing for kids with their short legs but I did it because this morning my parents arrived. I was running through the yard wanting so much to jump in their arms... 

... but the sidewalk wouldn't let me. Stumbling, falling, hitting myself, being hurt, being  scared, crying. The biggest cry ever has been started. No hope to stop it. The world was my enemy. 

Grandma' tried to handle the situation, and asked me:
-What have you done? You broke the sidewalk! Look.. - and she showed me the sidewalk indeed having a big fissure on the place where I bumped my head on it.
I must tell you the cry instantly stopped. She new the ways of the child soul isn't it?

No comments: